The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to do exponent fitting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

wangzhou0214

3 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2013 :  2:04:16 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
OriginPro 8 SR1 v8.0773 (B773) and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:windows 7 Professional

I want to fit my datasheet by using the following function:
Y = Y0(X-X0)^t

But I did not find this function in drop-down list. How can I do the fitting or do I need to customized the function?

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2013 :  2:24:58 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Origin supports fitting user-defined functions.
http://wiki.originlab.com/~originla/howto/index.php?title=Tutorial:User_Defined_Fitting_Function_using_OC

In 8.0, you can choose Tools: Fitting Function Organizer to define fitting functions.
You can refer to some similar built-in functions to see how to write the function body.

Don't forget to set initial values when defining the function. E.g.
E.g.
If your parameters are y0, x0, t, you can
set enter this in Parameter Setttings box

InitialValues = 1,2,3(V)

You can save the function.
Then open Nonlinear Curve Fitting dialog to fit with it.

if you didn't define initial values, you can go to Parameter tab in NLfit dialog to specify initial values as well and then fit.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page

wangzhou0214

3 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2013 :  5:47:36 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Thanks for your reply.
I tried to define the function by using a similar built-in function.
But it says "compile failed", does that mean at this stage I can not use this function? what should I do?
Below is a snapshot of the "compile failed" page.

Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2013 :  10:04:44 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It looks the parameter you defined is uppercase P.

So in function body, they should be consistent, using uppercase P.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000