The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 Check if Dataset is an error bar
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

johannes.kastl

Germany
71 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2013 :  03:10:32 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a way to modify just the error bars of my graphs. I can use 'doc -e DY' to get just the non-error datasets.

I can modify the marker width of the error bars via set command. And on bar charts I can change the symbol size of all plots (doc -e D {set %C -z 5}), as this has no effect on bars or columns. But how about graphs using symbols?

How to differentiate between datasets for the symbols and datasets for the error bars?

Ugly workaround:
First using 'doc -e D' to change the error bars, then using 'doc -e DY' to repair the damage done to the symbols.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Johannes

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.6.0G SR3, Operating System: Win XP SP3

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2013 :  4:52:35 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
doc -e D {
range rap = %C;
if(rap.type==3)
{
ty %C is an Error Bar;
}
else
{
ty %C is a Y plot;
}
}
Go to Top of Page

johannes.kastl

Germany
71 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2013 :  08:39:54 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Greg,

sorry for the delayed answer, but that does work, but not as I hoped it would.

All Plots:
>>doc -e D {%C=;}
Book1_B
Book1_D
Book1_F
Book1_H
Book1_J
Book1_C
Book1_E
Book1_G
Book1_I
Book1_K

Without the error bars:
>>doc -e DY {%C=;}
Book1_B
Book1_D
Book1_F
Book1_H
Book1_J

So B/D/F/H/J should be normal plots.

But:
>>doc -e D {
range rap = %C;
if(rap.type==3)
{
ty %C is an Error Bar;
}
else
{
ty %C is a Y plot;
}
}
Book1_B is a Y plot
Book1_D is an Error Bar
Book1_F is an Error Bar
Book1_H is an Error Bar
Book1_J is an Error Bar
Book1_C is an Error Bar
Book1_E is an Error Bar
Book1_G is an Error Bar
Book1_I is an Error Bar
Book1_K is an Error Bar
>>

The reason for this behaviour is that the columns were set as Y error, not as Y. This is an old file, so I have no clue why this is so. But this far there have been no side effects, until now...

I was hoping that Origin would recognize that the column was selected as an error bar in the plot setup, rather than taking the column setting.

But at least I have one way to solve the issue. Not nice, but ok.

Thanks for your answer!

Regards,
Johannes
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000