The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Wrong font size in layout
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Jutschet

Germany
Posted - 04/26/2013 :  04:26:45 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin 8 SR2
Operating System:Win XP

Hi,
I have the problem, that sometimes the font sizes of different graphs in the Layout are different, although in the original graphs they are equal (sometimes also here it is wrong). The graphs have the same layer/page width (same theme used) and also are equally sized in the Layout. See attached the graphs in the workbook and on the layout!

matthew@originlab.com

73 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2013 :  11:39:13 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

It may be related to a scale factor for elements in a graph. If you double click on the graph to open the Plot Details dialog, and go to the Display tab, in the Scale Elements section, Scale With Layer Frame is typically the default. If you switch this to be a Fixed Factor of 1, then even when you resize the graph, the font size should stay the same.

So try it out with a Fixed Factor of 1, and add the graphs to a new layout and let me know if that fixes it.

Matthew
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Jutschet

Germany
Posted - 04/26/2013 :  11:59:55 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hm, yes, when doing a new layout it works, although it doesn't fix in the old one.
Is there an option to make this fixed factor the default option so I don't have to think about it again?
Go to Top of Page

matthew@originlab.com

73 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2013 :  2:46:25 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The only way to set this as a default option is with a theme. We have added this to be one of the themes that ships with Origin in version 9.0 SR2. It is called Layer Element No Scaling. If you want I could email it to you (it is compatible with version 8). Just email tech@originlab.com and refer to this forum thread in the email, and we will send the theme to you.

Matthew
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Jutschet

Germany
Posted - 04/30/2013 :  08:04:58 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
found the position where to change it in the themes and using it in my own themes now. Thanks for the hint!
Now I have another font problem similar to the one before. In the picture shown below the Label "x-position" has font size 24 and the Laber "Cu content" has font size 15 ... how can it be that the lower font size is larger than the higher one?
Go to Top of Page

matthew@originlab.com

73 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2013 :  11:08:16 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If you click once on a label, than in the bottom right corner of the screen it will display some information about the label, it will say soemthing like size(actual)=22(22) where the first number is the font size, and the second number in parentheses is the size that the label is currently displaying at. Sometimes this can be adjusted when zooming/scaling. These numbers should match when a graph is first created, so let us know if that's not the case.

Another option would be to select the label and go to Graph > Convert to Standard Font Size. If this option is available select it, if it's grayed out than the font is already converted to standard size.

Matthew
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000