The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Need help with parameters initialization code
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

chmonster

Russia
4 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2013 :  09:08:13 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver.: 8 SR4
Operating System: Windows 7

Hi all.
I'm newbie to the Origin and have a problem with writing User-Defined Fit Function. So I will by very happy, if somebody can help me with that.

I have an experimental data - fluorescence spectrum, which I want to fit with polynomial function like that:

y = a*(poly 1) + b*(poly2) + c*(poly3);
This function contains 3 polynomial of 5th power and 3 parameters. It's suppose, that after fitting I must obtain values of these parameters, so I can know what contribution have each of three polynomial to my spectrum.

And there is a condition, that a+b+c=1

I can fit my data with such a function, but parameters values don't converge with conditions (i.e a+b+c>1)

How can I include these equation (a+b+c=1) to my function??

Please help..

(P.S. i'm sorry, if such subject has already been discussed, but I can't find answer using forum search yet)

chmonster

Russia
4 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2013 :  5:25:04 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
And one more question:

When I fit data on my graph, I obtain a fitting results table right on my graph, containing some parameters. (I think that is what called "Output report")
If I have several datasheets on my graph, so after fitting there are NOT several tables with results, but just one, with parameters changing after each fit operation.

What I want - that I have as much result tables on my graph, as many times I've done fitting operation (i.e. 3 datasheets on graph - 3 times make fitting - 3 fitting result tables on graph)

Does somebody know, how to solve that problem?
Thanks
And sorry for my bad english
Go to Top of Page

chmonster

Russia
4 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2013 :  04:38:42 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Solve the second question, find "update" button://
Please, help with the first one
Go to Top of Page

ZanHUNG

20 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2013 :  04:00:55 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You can enable general linear constraints when defining a fitting function in Fitting Function Organizer.
Go to Top of Page

chmonster

Russia
4 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2013 :  04:17:10 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Many Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000