The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Graph Attached to Wks & Copy to Word Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

cdrozdowski111

USA
247 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2013 :  11:10:24 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
OriginPro 9.0.0 SR2, Win7 64-bit, running in VMware Fusion 5.0.2
MS Office 2010 64-bit, Word version: 14.0.6129.5000 (64-bit)

Hey, I noticed something while copying graphs from OriginPro to Word 2010. I'm simply curious as to why it happens the way it does.

With a graph window active, if I use the Edit->Copy Page menu item to copy the graph, then paste it MS Word using the keyboard shortcut, it gets pasted as an OLE graphic object (editable in OriginPro).

However, if I have a graph attached to a worksheet (via the worksheet context menu, "Add Graph..." menu item, when I copy & paste it into Word as above, it gets pasted as a picture object rather than an OLE object.

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2013 :  10:10:37 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The new floating graphs are in fact just pictures. Even if you double-click on the graph to 'pop' it up for editing, Origin will still only put a metafile and enhanced metafile into the clipboard (pictures) when you copy the graph. Even though you are editing a 'real' graph, Origin 'knows' the normal state of the graph is hidden and only a picture of the graph is visible in the project.

If you need an Origin Graph Object from a Floating Graph:
Double-click to popup the hidden graph.
Duplicate this graph then close the original.
Copy the duplicate and Paste into Word.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000