The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Origin crashing with more than 8 Origin instances
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

marko

Germany
112 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2002 :  05:26:55 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Did anybody see this effect?

As soon as I try to open the 9th Origin on my comp it leads to an exception.

Marko

Lorraine

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2002 :  12:48:02 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
What version of Origin are you using?

Lorraine
OriginLab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

Lorraine

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2002 :  12:50:48 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
As a side note, rather than having to open up to 9 instances of Origin on your machine you do have the option to combine Origin Projects using the File:Append...[myfile.opj] menu option.

Lorraine
OriginLab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

marko

Germany
112 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  09:40:41 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

What version of Origin are you using?

Sorry, forgot to mention that I am using OriginPro 6.1 SR4.
Marko

Go to Top of Page

marko

Germany
112 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  05:06:49 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

Projects using the File:Append...[myfile.opj] menu option.

Well, that might be for some cases right.

But here I just wanted to point Microcal to this problem. I don't open more than 8 Origins usually and I think it is the same for many of its users, but it's in principal a problem of the code!

Marko

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000