The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 3D graph: contour line widths don't export
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

marcvdk

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2013 :  10:00:11 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9.0.0
Operating System: Windows 7

I deliberately set line-widths of specific contours in my 3d plot in
Plot Details -> Colormap / contours -> Line...

But when I export the graph (to .tif, .bmp, .psd, or .pdf), the line-widths are ignored (i.e. they seem to have a default value of 1).

This seems to be a bug (unless I'm missing something).
I hope there is a solution!

Thanks,
Marc

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2013 :  10:50:27 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Exported Line widths will depend somewhat on the resolution used for the export. The export rendering needs enough pixels to resolve differences in the source line widths.
For example, at 100 dpi, 0.2, 0.5 and 1 pt line width will all appear very similar and you won't see a difference until you get to 1.5 or 2 pt.
At 300 dpi, you should be able to see a difference in all those line widths.
Go to Top of Page

marcvdk

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2013 :  11:18:54 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by greg

Exported Line widths will depend somewhat on the resolution used for the export. The export rendering needs enough pixels to resolve differences in the source line widths.
For example, at 100 dpi, 0.2, 0.5 and 1 pt line width will all appear very similar and you won't see a difference until you get to 1.5 or 2 pt.
At 300 dpi, you should be able to see a difference in all those line widths.

Thanks for the reply.
I've exported at 300 and 600dpi and used line width of 1 or 2 or 3 pt.
When viewed in Origin, there is (obviously) a big difference between 1 and 3pt lines, but there appears to be NO difference in the exported image files.

So perhaps something else is going on?
Thanks,
Marc
Go to Top of Page

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2013 :  11:21:28 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
One possibility that can rarely occur is that you have two graphs with the same name as the graph you are trying to export. This should not normally happen in Origin since we have built in checks to prevent it, but we have never identified the condition that creates the situation. When this happens Origin actually exports the first (chronologically) so named graph even though you are editing and exporting the second.

You can dump all graph names to the Command Window by copying this script:

doc -e P {%H=;}

Paste into the Command Window and press Enter. See if there are two graphs with the same name.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000