The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to automatically plot XY graph
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

RichFung

1 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2013 :  8:20:07 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver.8.6.0 and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): B70
Operating System: Win7

Hi, Hope someone can help me on this question:
I need to repeatly plotting similiar graphs from worksheets.
Imagine in each worksheet, there are 100 columns and I need to plot the first column as X and column 10, 15, 20, 25, 30....100 as Y.
How can I setup a theme or template for repeating task like this?
Each of my worksheet has exactly the same format.

Thank you,
Rich

meili_yang

103 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2013 :  12:12:43 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Rich,

One way is to use LabTalk programming. You can find the instruction to plot xy from here: http://wiki.originlab.com/~originla/ltwiki/index.php?title=LabTalk:Plotting&rdfrom=http%3A%2F%2Fwiki.originlab.com%2F~originla%2Fwiki%2Findex.php%3Ftitle%3DLabTalk%3APlotting%26redirect%3Dno#plotxy

We will improve this function of repeatly plotting similar graph in Origin 9.1, so that you can simply copy the plotting action to all the similar data.

Regards,

Meili
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Laurie

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2013 :  6:02:45 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Rich,

Please email me at tech@originlab.com with a sample OPJ file which has one graph created. I will then try and help you further.

Thank you,
Laurie

OriginLab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

Laurie

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2013 :  3:54:14 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Rich,

If you wish to plot column 10 from every worksheet in Book3 in a new graph, and then column 15 from every worksheet in another graph, etc.

Use the following script:

for(int i=10;i<=100;i+=5)
{
plotxy iy:=[Book3](1:end)!(1,$(i)) ogl:=[<new>];
}

Let me know if this works for you.

Thank you,
Laurie

OriginLab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000