The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Column atributes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Bouncetwice

Romania
2 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2013 :  08:45:31 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,
I am new to this tool so i have one column with values.
And another one where i want to put half value from the first column but only for numbers (< 480)
What i want to ask you is if i can do this only from the Set column values box or i need to make a function.
Thank you

dasda

meili_yang

103 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2013 :  12:41:35 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

There are multiple ways to that. You can use conditional operator to set column value. For example to use col(A)/2<480?col(A)/2:"". If col(A)/2<480 is true, then col(A)/2 becomes the value. Otherwise "" which is blank becomes the value. Besides, worksheet query extracts data with user-specified conditional expression. If you want to make a plot you can also mask the cells by conditions. Masked data can be differentiated or not shown in the graph. All of these should help.

In addition, Origin 9 supports data filter, a very easy way to filter large datasets by different conditions.

Regards,

Meili
OriginLab

Edited by - meili_yang on 05/16/2013 1:58:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bouncetwice

Romania
2 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2013 :  02:39:43 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you very much.
The problem was that i didn't knew this syntax for if else branch in origin.
Have a nice day

dasda
Go to Top of Page

meili_yang

103 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2013 :  10:50:02 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You are welcome.

If you have any questions about Origin you can press F1, which will direct you to instructions to the current activity.

Have a nice day.

Meili
OriginLab

Edited by - meili_yang on 05/17/2013 12:21:08 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000