The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Origin objects in Word cross-referenced/corrupted
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

wwimley

USA
Posted - 05/22/2013 :  7:07:49 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I am using Origin 8.5 and Word (Office Pro. 2010). I frequently encounter a very serious problem with embedded Origin objects. Sometimes, when I double click an Origin plot embedded as an object in a Word document to edit it, a different plot in the same document will open instead. Once this happens, the original object can never be opened correctly. If I go back to earlier saved versions of the Word document, the same result occurs (suggesting that the corruption occurred earlier but I did not notice?).

Saving and re-opening the Word file on a different computer does not solve the problem. Cutting and pasting the embedded Object into a new Word/PPT document does not solve the problem. In both cases the wrong embedded object opens. Even if I delete all the other figures and save the Word file with a single Origin object, it opens the wrong object.

Generally multiple objects become cross-referenced at the same time, but never all the objects in the document. And the Object references are not simply swapped. For example, if a document has four embedded Origin Figures (Fig. 1, 2, 3, 4) it might be just fine for weeks. Then one day when I click on Fig 1, Origin will open Fig 4. If I close Origin it will update Fig 1 so that it now shows Fig 4, instead. If I click on the actual Fig. 4, I will see Fig 4).

meili_yang

103 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2013 :  2:14:24 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Please check your build number. If it's SR0, try to download a patch from here and see how it works:http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Support&pid=1732
If it's already SR1, you may send your word file to tech@originlab.com. We will check for you.

Meili
OriginLab

Edited by - meili_yang on 05/23/2013 2:26:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

wwimley

USA
Posted - 05/23/2013 :  2:15:31 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Will do!

quote:
Originally posted by meili_yang

Hi,

Could you send your word file to tech@originlab.com? We will check for you.

Meili
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page

wwimley

USA
Posted - 05/24/2013 :  01:31:38 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am running Origin 8.0.63.988 SR6 v8.0988

quote:

Hi,

Please check your build number. If it's SR0, try to download a patch from here and see how it works:http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Support&pid=1732
If it's already SR1, you may send your word file to tech@originlab.com. We will check for you.

Meili
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page

meili_yang

103 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2013 :  09:45:27 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for your file. It's being processed. Hope you have received our emails.

quote:
Originally posted by wwimley

I am running Origin 8.0.63.988 SR6 v8.0988

quote:

Hi,

Meili
OriginLab

Meili
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000