The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Access data from another worksheet
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

matjes

2 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2013 :  10:36:06 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,
I'm pretty new to Origin and I was searching for an answer but couldn't find anything. Although, I guess it should be something very common to do.
I have a bunch of data in my first worksheet and I would like to have the slightly modified data in my second one. Therefore, I wanted to use "set column values..." and then I tried something like "Sheet1!B" in all kinds of variations to access the data of my B column in my first worksheet but nothing seems to work. I found something where it sais I have to use the menu "variables" in "set column values...". However, the menu "variables" doesn't exist.

Could anyone help me out? Shouldn't be that big of a deal to access data from another worksheet or is it?

thanks a lot for your help!

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8
Operating System: Windows

meili_yang

103 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2013 :  11:03:54 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I am using 8.5 and I have 'Variables' tab when set column value and also a 'Before Formula script' window where shows the variables. If you have neither of them, I guess you might use some simple scripts to do so. So please open 'Script window' from 'Window'. And try like this:

range r1 = [Book1]Sheet1!A;
range r2 = [Book2]Sheet1!B;
r2=5*r1;

Then you will set Column B of Book2 sheet1 to be 5 times of Column A of Book1 sheet1.

Hope it can help.

Meili
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

matjes

2 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2013 :  11:07:52 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey,

works perfectly!

thank you very much
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000