The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 plot line chart with discontinuos data
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

blueice228

2 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2013 :  02:03:52 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I am new to origin. I have a sets of data with lots of y sharing a single x axis. Unfortunately I have some values missing in some y. When I tried plotting this on line + symbol chart, the line becomes discontinuous where there is no y data.

Apart from having an unique x axis for each set of y data, is there anyway to connect the lines. Right now I have to manually draw in a line.

Thanks for your help.

JacquelineHe

287 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2013 :  03:53:20 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

To connect lines across missing data, when the graph is active, you can select Format: Page Properties... to open the Plot Details dialog.
Then go to the Display tab and select the Connect line across Missing Data check box. And click OK button.

Please refer to this help page:
http://www.originlab.com/www/helponline/origin/en/UserGuide/Setting_the_Page_Color_and_Other_Page_Display_Preferences.html

Thanks,
Jacqueline
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

blueice228

2 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2013 :  04:04:35 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks Jacqueline, it's working now.
You can not believe how long this has been troubling me. I registered here just to ask this question. So many people dont know about this too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000