The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 contour fig with y axis in log scale
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

kishoreg

4 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2013 :  10:23:55 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi
Any body can help. How to modify the y axis to log scale.
I have atmospheric model which available in pressure levels. For better representation I have to show y axis in log scale.

thank you in advance,

kishore

Edited by - kishoreg on 05/31/2013 10:24:37 AM

meili_yang

103 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2013 :  12:02:56 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Kishore,

Double click on y axis to open Axis dialog. Choose Log scale from Scale-Type. Once you changes the scale to Log, your data may become clustered since the y scale is different. There is a Rescale button on the right, or press Ctrl+R, which allows you to rescale to have a nice graph.

Hope it helps.

Meili
OriginLab

Edited by - meili_yang on 05/31/2013 2:04:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

kishoreg

4 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  03:51:40 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Meili

I tried already this but that option is not for working for contour figure. When I did contour then the Scale type option fixed to 'Linear' and there is no chance to change it.

thanks

kishore

quote:
Originally posted by meili_yang

Hi Kishore,

Double click on y axis to open Axis dialog. Choose Log scale from Scale-Type. Once you changes the scale to Log, your data may become clustered since the y scale is different. There is a Rescale button on the right, or press Ctrl+R, which allows you to rescale to have a nice graph.

Hope it helps.

Meili
OriginLab

kishore
Go to Top of Page

meili_yang

103 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  3:17:55 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Kishore,

I guess you are using a version lower than 8.5 since Origin starts to support nonlinear x and y axes such as log axes for contour plots from 8.5.

Meili
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

kishoreg

4 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  4:35:53 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, I am using origin 8. Is there any add on to get non-linear axis.
quote:

Hi Kishore,

I guess you are using a version lower than 8.5 since Origin starts to support nonlinear x and y axes such as log axes for contour plots from 8.5.

Meili
OriginLab

kishore
Go to Top of Page

meili_yang

103 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  5:06:47 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

We don't support add on.

If you are interested you might try to download a demo for 9.0 which is free, but you should notice there are some limitations. Otherwise I don't know how to do that in 8.0. Sorry about that.

http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Downloads/OriginEvaluation

Meili
OriginLab

Edited by - meili_yang on 06/03/2013 5:35:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

kishoreg

4 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2013 :  03:47:22 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks Meili
quote:

Hi,

We don't support add on.

If you are interested you might try to download a demo for 9.0 which is free, but you should notice there are some limitations. Otherwise I don't know how to do that in 8.0. Sorry about that.

http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Downloads/OriginEvaluation

Meili
OriginLab

kishore
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000