The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Custom reports - extracting data from other sheets
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

suku12

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  10:08:27 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. Origin Pro 9 and Service Release SR2
Operating System: Win 7

Hi,

I would like to ask for some help regarding creations of custom reports sheets.
Having read the Origin wiki (http://wiki.originlab.com/~originla/howto/index.php?title=Tutorial:Creating_a_Custom_Report_Sheet)

I am stuck on how I refer to cells in another sheet?
Origin wiki (based on file shipped with Origin called S15-125-03.dat.
ask me to use user variables but I don't know how to create user variables in my own sheets with data?

Could you please advise?

Thank you,
Sebastian

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  11:04:11 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

If you want to copy some cells from another sheet to Custom Report sheet (suppose they are all in same workbook), you can directly copy the cell or range in the other worksheet and then go to Custom Report sheet, right click a cell and choose Paste Link.

You don't need to define user variables.

User variables are for user to insert variables extracted during importing process.

Thanks, Snow Li
OriginLab Corp.
Go to Top of Page

suku12

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  11:21:10 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you very much

Can you tell me only why sometimes Paste Link option is grayed after I copied some cells?
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2013 :  3:49:16 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You are welcome.

The only case I saw Paste Link is grayed out is because I copied some text from Graph window and try to paste link to some cell.

When Paste Link is grayed out, could you use Paste to see what is pasted. This way, you can tell what you really copied to clipboard.

Thanks, Snow Li
OriginLab Corp.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000