The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 two axis that are link by a mathematical formula
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Claret

France
Posted - 07/19/2013 :  11:06:26 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:

Hello,

I have a simple problem
I would like to plot XRD data on a graph having the angle on the bottom x axis and the distance on the top x axis
There are link together by the bragg law 2dsin(theta) = n lambda
Is that possible?
It will mean that in the scale option you can create your own type.

Thanks in advance

meili_yang

103 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2013 :  12:16:15 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Claret,

It's possible to add top x axis and link to bottom x axis with customized function. Just add a second layer to add top x axis and right y axis, linking to the first layer. You can enter a formula to customize the scale. The following link shows an example "Creating a Custom Link Between Temperature Scales" with every steps.
http://www.originlab.com/www/helponline/Origin/en/UserGuide/Linking_Axes_Scale_Values.html

Hope it can help.

Meili
OriginLab Tech Support
Go to Top of Page

Claret

France
Posted - 07/20/2013 :  12:45:43 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for your help
this is what I type in 1.78897/(2*Sin(X1*3.14159265/360))
It recalculate the good start and end value as to say 51.25 and 2.6 for 2 and 40 but unfortunately I keep a linear scale for the representation of the TOP axes which doesn't help see the attached graph.
By the way when the bottom axes is close to ten the upper one should also be close to this value and not 40 like now
Any suggestion?

quote:
Originally posted by meili_yang

Hi Claret,

It's possible to add top x axis and link to bottom x axis with customized function. Just add a second layer to add top x axis and right y axis, linking to the first layer. You can enter a formula to customize the scale. The following link shows an example "Creating a Custom Link Between Temperature Scales" with every steps.
http://www.originlab.com/www/helponline/Origin/en/UserGuide/Linking_Axes_Scale_Values.html

Hope it can help.

Meili
OriginLab Tech Support

Go to Top of Page

malgoska

Poland
36 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2013 :  05:43:01 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Try setting link straight (1 to 1) and writing your formula in the axes tab. Here's how I did it:

The values seem proper, you can play further with tick labels to present the most of your graph.
Regards,
Gosia
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000