The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 impexcel and the output orng
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

johannes.kastl

Germany
71 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2013 :  07:37:47 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi everyone,

I am experiencing a strange error with the impexcel function, more precisely with the output range parameter. (I need to import into an existing workbook, see http://www.originlab.com/forum/topic.asp?whichpage=-1&TOPIC_ID=18706).

I tested the function in a newly created opj, and my syntax worked:
impexcel fname:="somefilename.xlsx" orng:=[Book1]Sheet1!A mainheader:=0 lname:=1 unit:=2 cmt1:=3 cmt2:=3 allsheets:=0 sheet:="This_is_the_sheets_name" options.names.FNameToBk:=0;

In the project where I need to import data from excel I always get a new workbook with the sheet called 'This_is_the_sheets_name', even if the range I use after orng:= is valid:
range SOMENAME=[wbABC]Sheet1!A1;
type -b $(SOMENAME.ncols);
impexcel ... orng:=[wbABC]Sheet1!A1 ...

I already tested to include the parameter in quotation marks, leave out the column, etc. pp, but I always get a newly created workbook.

Any hints? Tipps? Tricks?

Is there a log of the impexcel function somewhere?

Thanks in advance,
Johannes

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9.0.0G SR2 , Operating System: Win XP

Penn

China
644 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2013 :  11:21:27 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

In Origin 9, or earlier version, Excel files will be always imported into a new workbook, even the workbook/worksheet you specified exists. This will be fixed in next new version.

Penn
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000