The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 In 3D-Plot position x/y-axis at specific z value?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

bur2000

Germany
36 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2013 :  05:58:57 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I want to create a diagram similar to this. Origin will always position the horizontal axis at the bottom, i.e. L = 0 instead of at L = 50.

I know that it's possible to position the x-axis at a specific y value, and vice versa. But I need to specify the z-value as well, otherwise the axis will always be at the bottom of the graph.

Edited by - bur2000 on 08/16/2013 07:35:47 AM

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2013 :  09:46:05 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You can set the position of the XY plane (or others) by setting from the Plot Details dialog box. Choose "Format: Layer Properties" menu, then choose Planes" tab. You can set the plane position by selecting "At Position=" for XY check box as shown in the screenshot:

Also, you can shift the axis itself from the "Line and Ticks" option branch in the Axis dialog box as shown below:

Hope this is what you have been looking for.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

Edited by - Hideo Fujii on 08/16/2013 10:32:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

bur2000

Germany
36 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2013 :  03:00:53 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks, I didn't know about the planes dialog. The axis dialog only moves the axis along one other axis, so xy plane is still stuck at the bottom of the z-axis.

I'll try on monday, but I guess that's what I needed.
Go to Top of Page

bur2000

Germany
36 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2013 :  04:03:32 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Another question, in the graph you posted, the planes are not visible. Can this be done in Origin 8.6?
Go to Top of Page

bur2000

Germany
36 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2013 :  1:37:12 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Does nobody know?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000