The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Function values generator
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

IgorShn

16 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2013 :  09:29:55 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OroginPro 9
Operating System: Win7

I have a specific function (for example : f(x)=a+b*x+c*x^2)and I'd like Origin to generate the values of this function on the specific interval. How do I do this?

Thank you.

Edited by - IgorShn on 08/24/2013 09:31:19 AM

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2013 :  12:31:53 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

There are a couple of ways to do it in Origin.

1. Simulate Curve:
Origin has many built-in functions. The following Parabola is one of them.

You can choose Analysis: Fit: Simulate Curve...
In the dialog that opens, you can choose Category: Polynomial.
Function: Parabola
Then specify the a, b, c values, x type and range, etc.
The simulated curve will be created and a new hidden workbook is created as well. You can right click the plot created and choose Go to BookN to see the x and y data.

2. Function Plot.
Origin supports creating 2d, 3d, 2d parametric, 3d paramatric function plots.
You can choose
File: New: Function Plot: 2D Function Plot menu to define the function and create function plot as well.

After function plot is created, you need to right click the plot in graph and choose Make Dataset of F1 for example. Then right click the data plot in new graph and choose Create Worksheet F1_C1 for example to get the Y dataset. The interval info. is in the i icon of the Y column. You can right click the Y column and choose Show X Column to see x values.

Thanks, Snow

Edited by - snowli on 08/24/2013 12:38:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

IgorShn

16 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2013 :  06:21:18 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by snowli

Hello,

There are a couple of ways to do it in Origin.

1. Simulate Curve:
Origin has many built-in functions. The following Parabola is one of them.

You can choose Analysis: Fit: Simulate Curve...
In the dialog that opens, you can choose Category: Polynomial.
Function: Parabola
Then specify the a, b, c values, x type and range, etc.
The simulated curve will be created and a new hidden workbook is created as well. You can right click the plot created and choose Go to BookN to see the x and y data.

2. Function Plot.
Origin supports creating 2d, 3d, 2d parametric, 3d paramatric function plots.
You can choose
File: New: Function Plot: 2D Function Plot menu to define the function and create function plot as well.

After function plot is created, you need to right click the plot in graph and choose Make Dataset of F1 for example. Then right click the data plot in new graph and choose Create Worksheet F1_C1 for example to get the Y dataset. The interval info. is in the i icon of the Y column. You can right click the Y column and choose Show X Column to see x values.

Thanks, Snow

Oh yeah it works! Thank you very much Snow!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000