The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Y-error on scatter plot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

mathiasigulu

4 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2013 :  6:15:35 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi, any body who can help?
Am using OriginLab 8.5, I would like to draw a scatter plot with y-error values, the problem is i have two different values of y-error and I would like the program to show both values. In the program I can only have one column for x, y and y-error. Anybody with any idea on how I can have both two y-error values displayed under one line?

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 09/02/2013 :  01:41:24 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I suppose there are four columns in current worksheet "Book1", and the 3rd and 4th are Y errors.

From GUI, right-click on col(3) and col(4) individually and select Set as: Y Error from context menu to set them as Y Error.

Then click on the Scatter button to plot them as a Scatter plot with two Y error bars.

By Script:

plotxy (1,2:4); //Plot col(2) and col(4) as three curves
set Book1_C -o Book1_B; //Set 3rd plot to Y error of 2nd plot
set Book1_D -o Book1_B; //Set 4th plot to Y error of 2nd plot

Or

worksheet -t 3 3; //Set col(3) as Y error
worksheet -t 4 3; //Set col(4) as Y error
worksheet -s 1 0 4 0;  //Select col(1)~col(4)
run.section(plot,Scatter); //Run plot.ogs

Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team
Go to Top of Page

mathiasigulu

4 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2013 :  03:11:50 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Shirley
Thanks a lot, it works
Go to Top of Page

mathiasigulu

4 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2013 :  05:01:25 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Shirley and anybody interested
Your suggestion works, but i still dont have the final graph i wanted, box y-error are plotted on the same point as i wanted, but I would have like to have only each error bar line to be displayed on only one side of the mid point. Is this possible? To make it bit clear, the error line wont the same from both end. Please see attached file. See attached file for my idea
Go to Top of Page

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 09/02/2013 :  10:37:56 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You can select different direction for these two error bars in the Plot Details dialog(double-click on the graph to open this dialog), see the below screenshot:

Originlab Technical Service Team
Go to Top of Page

mathiasigulu

4 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2013 :  01:53:18 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
thanks a lot
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000