The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to do PCA with more observation value
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

zann

Camaroon
6 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2013 :  11:41:07 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Thanks you for your answer,

I'm sad to inform you, when i change row and column, i can't get the result i want. I must use another software I hope you will improve it for the next vertion of origin.

Sincerely

Edited by - zann on 09/19/2013 8:09:58 PM

Sam Fang

291 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2013 :  11:08:33 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There is a workaround to solve your problem in Origin 9.0.

Origin uses different algorithms for Listwise and Pairwise excluding missing values. The former uses singular value decomposition, and the latter solves eigenvalues from correlation or covariance matrix. And the limitation exists only in the former method. So you can:

1. Add a row with missing values in your original data.
2. Open PCA tool and choose Pairwise in Exclude Missing Values.

BTW for number of variables is greater than number of observations, you'd better use Partial Least Squares tool, and Origin's new version 91 supports it which will be released soon.

Thanks.

Sam
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page

zann

Camaroon
6 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2013 :  02:26:10 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for your answer i hope i can get good result
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000