The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Enlarge Plot Window to Accomdate Legend
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

fsun07

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2013 :  1:39:04 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. 8.1 and Service Release 3 (8.1.34.90)
Operating System: Windows XP

Hi All,

I just can't seem to figure out the solution to my problem (assuming there is one). I have a plot that contains a lot of different data, so the legend is quite large (this is so when I re-size the plot the legend is still readable). Anyways what I would like to do is increase the plot window in the Y-direction or height so that I can place my legend below my plot so that I can export the figure as one piece. Is this possible? Currently all my attempts have just exaggerated the length of the y-axis.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or tips on how to deal with this issue.

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2013 :  3:29:25 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You can try:
1) Double-click the plot to show the Plot Details dialog.
2) In the left panel, choose the layer node (Layer1) in the tree structure.
3) Choose "Size/Speed" tab, and change the Units option to "Inch" from "% of Page". 
   (This makes the arrangement in absolute term rather than relative.)
4) In the left panel, choose the page node (e.g., "Graph1") at top in the tree structure.
5) Choose "Print/Dimensions" tab, and change the Height value to a larger value to make 
   the graph larger. Click OK.
6) ALT+click the plot in the graph to select the layer frame. Press down-arrow key to 
   shift the frame downward as much as you like.
Does it work?

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

fsun07

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2013 :  3:55:35 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Your solution works as well as another one I was finally able to find.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000