The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Help needed on automating baseline function
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

simplive

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2002 :  10:16:47 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello all,

I am using CCD camera (an imaging device that is very sensitive to light) to take spectroscopic data. Briefly, after scanning the spectrum, I get 80 .dat files. Since there is a constant, irregular background and the signal position(i.e., peak position) keeps changing during scanning, I want to use Origin's baseline function to automatically find the peak, substract the baseline and integrate the peak to get signal intensity.

I found a script file to open and plot these 80 files automatically, but when I tried to incorporate the baseline.ogs file by adding
"run.file(baseline);" after the plotting part in the "For" command script, it didn't work.

I understand that the operation of Origin must be more subtle than I previously imagined. If any one of you is familiar with such problem, your suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your time!

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2002 :  1:33:08 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
As this user may have discovered, the correct syntax for launching the Baseline tool is:

dialog.start(tools,baseline)

For 7.0 SR1 this is changed to:

dialog.start(otools,baseline)

The tool requires user interaction, but this user is looking for script-automated baseline finding.
Anyone up to the challenge?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000