The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 data binning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

gracy.hm

42 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2013 :  03:30:58 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver.8.5 and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:win 7

Hello,
I want to bin my wind data
Please help
Gracy

Edited by - gracy.hm on 06/19/2014 06:19:41 AM

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2013 :  2:32:19 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
When plotting multiple Windrose from raw data where you want the Legends to be identical, you only have to make sure you use the same settings for Minimum, Maximum and Increment. If you uncheck all the 'Auto' boxes and enter these numbers, you can then save the dialog theme and reload it when you make your additional plots.
Go to Top of Page

gracy.hm

42 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2013 :  05:54:01 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Greg,
Thanks for your reply.

I have one more query about legend in Windrose (http://originlab.com/www/products/GraphGallery.aspx?GID=252) , can we make legend as continuum, inspite of the separate boxes.

Thanks
Gracy
Go to Top of Page

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2013 :  10:38:53 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It would not make any sense to do so. Any intermediate colors you inserted into the legend would not appear anywhere in the graph and that intermediate wind speed would also not be represented in the graph since it has already been 'counted' in one of the adjacent bins.

The boxes are separate because there is no continuum - only discrete bins of information.
Go to Top of Page

gracy.hm

42 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2013 :  02:19:51 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Greg,
Thanks for your reply.
Go to Top of Page

gracy.hm

42 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2013 :  02:31:27 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Actually I was asking for scale like this (

Anyways I am using the default one now , after your clarification.
Thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000