The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 multiple bar plot problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

mwarner

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2002 :  11:16:32 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I'm working with a very simple data set, three different text categories for my X axis data (call them a, b, and c), and three different data points (different times) for each category. I want to plot the columns so that they stand out from each other,so I have arranged one x text column that goes, a,a,a,b,b,b etc. Then I have three y colums for each time point. This produces a plot with very poor results with some columns lining up on the tick marks and others way off. The spacing between the columns is also not correct, with some columns closer together than others. Adjusting the spacing in the plot details function only seems to affect two columns and no others. What I really want here is the simplicity of plotting one x column against one y column. When one does this with my data (all the y data placed into one y column)all of the columns are spaced an equal amount from one another, the x tick labels line up with the data, and adjusting the spacing affects all columns. The columns are naturally all one color which is the only thing I need different here. Thanks for any suggestions

mwarner

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2002 :  11:33:20 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Pleas disregard last question, This was easy enough to figure out, once I moved things around again. Sorry for the wasted bandwidth.
Go to Top of Page

mwarner

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2002 :  11:33:48 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Pleas disregard last question, This was easy enough to figure out, once I moved things around again. Sorry for the wasted bandwidth.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000