The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Multiple lines, one plot.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Shawshank

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2013 :  2:37:11 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin Pro8 v8.0724
Operating System: Windows 7 SP1 64-Bit

Hi Guys,

I've hit a bit of a problem with plotting multiple sets of data on the same graph, hoping you could help! I have a set of data for the time it takes for an ultrasound wave to propagate through a certain thickness of composite material. Obviously the gradient of the produced line will give me the speed (which I want). Ideally I'd like to plot two/three lines on the same graph to save space (I have 54 sets of data), but struggling to do so.

My data looks like so:

http://snag.gy/APUQb.jpg

Ideally I'd like to plot the distance against time values for each coordinate for each material (so basically three seperate lines on each graph). I can do it if each of the t values (my x axis) were the same, but obviously they aren't as the triggers happen at different times. In a way I guess the x axis has to be independent of my data?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Shawshank.

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere - A.E

lkb0221

China
497 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2013 :  3:37:51 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, Will

You can make your data like the screenshot below (I use your Squra Brass data for example) and highlight both col(C) and col(E) and right click, select "Set as: X".
Then highlight all columns and plot a line plot.

Hope this would help.

Thanks,
Zheng

Edited by - lkb0221 on 11/07/2013 3:39:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shawshank

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2013 :  4:44:36 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for the reply! Looks like it's working perfectly :)!

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere - A.E

Edited by - Shawshank on 11/07/2013 4:46:31 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000