The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 windrose
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

gracy.hm

42 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2013 :  01:53:43 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System
Hi,
I have made a wind rose.. I want to add one pollutant concentration to the same plot. I want to see the direction which is influencing the pollutants.

any quick help or suggestion.
Thanks

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2013 :  2:52:54 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Presumably, your pollutant measurements are made at some compass point relative to the center of your windrose, so you have data like
Dir(X) Conc(Y)
25 28.3
75 54.6
130 18.4
180 2.6

If you add a column and fill it with the maximum radial value of your existing windrose, e.g.
Max(Y)
you can add that column as a Scatter graph and and get points on the edge of the windrose circle. You can then set your Symbol Size to use Col(Conc) and/or your Symbol Color to use Color Mapping on Col(Conc) to give you a size and/or color to the concentration data.
Go to Top of Page

gracy.hm

42 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2013 :  05:18:24 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I didnt get exactly how to add scatter plot. Can you send .opj file at email gracy.hm@gmail dot com

Thanks

Edited by - gracy.hm on 11/14/2013 05:22:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2013 :  09:31:46 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The Scatter can be added in any of the usual ways:
(1) Select the 'Max' column
Activate the graph and choose Graph : Add Plot to Layer : Scatter
(2) Select the 'Max' column
Move mouse to edge of selection to get the drag icon, then drag to the graph and drop
(3) Double-click the Layer icon to open Layer Contents
Set the Plot Type to Scatter and move Max(Y) from the left to the right
(4) Right-click the Layer icon and choose Plot Setup
Select Plot Type of Scatter, check angle for Xand 'Max' for Y and Add
Go to Top of Page

gracy.hm

42 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2013 :  10:58:55 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Could you please attach one screen shot of the figure if possible.

I want to see how its looking
Go to Top of Page

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2013 :  1:37:51 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Go to Top of Page

China
2 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2013 :  01:02:15 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by greg

Dear,
I am wondering wherther the Y-axis can start at a negative value,
and how can I do it? Thanks a lot!

Edited by - 3421 on 11/24/2013 01:56:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2013 :  10:42:09 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If you don't have 9.1 - where you can uncheck "Center at Zero" and enter negative From values - then you should plot your data using the standard Polar template rather than the Windrose template. Set your Polar plot to use Columns, then Copy and Paste the formatting from the Windrose plot to the Polar plot. Now you can use the Radius : Use Y-Axis Range button to allow for non-zero center.
Go to Top of Page

China
2 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2013 :  01:09:44 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by greg

If you don't have 9.1 - where you can uncheck "Center at Zero" and enter negative From values - then you should plot your data using the standard Polar template rather than the Windrose template. Set your Polar plot to use Columns, then Copy and Paste the formatting from the Windrose plot to the Polar plot. Now you can use the Radius : Use Y-Axis Range button to allow for non-zero center.

Thanks for your reply.
Best wishes!
Go to Top of Page

gracy.hm

42 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2014 :  02:50:59 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,
I am just keep to know whether can we just overlay the windrose in google map.

Please let me know if it is possible to do.

I shall be very thankful to you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000