The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 CPU running in background
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

dziegler

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2013 :  10:26:12 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Win 7 64. Origin 9.0 SR2

I have been running this rather large data set for 4 months without a hitch (almost). Then just yesterday it started to run slow. I look under task manager and it shows Origin doing a constant 12% on my 8 processor 9GB Asus brand new laptop. I am not doing anything and it is burning up one of the processors. This is causing the interpretation work I am doing to be herky jerky which is annoying and decreases my productivity. The project is 500MB composed of about 100 aeromagnetic lines. There is more than a million data points, 800 hand drawn curves and maybe 500 graphs. I have tried restarting and rebooting with no difference occurring. The program is taking up 800MB ram as well. Why would this change so suddenly and what on earth can it be doing....

Thanks.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000