The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How: Integration of a Dataset; saving of result??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

PHPDQCD

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2002 :  08:01:12 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

i have a dataset of two columns, Data_1 is time, Data_2 ist (dq/dt), which is P.
For time t1 the q value is
the integral(start at t0, end at t1) over (dq/dt).

Now I want to plot q vs P. So to get my q values corresponding to the P values, i have to perform an integration for every P value.

How can i do this and put the results into another column?

My idea is to calculate the values of the integrals in a way that this value is defined as the integral over all datapoints of the P values in column data_2 up to this timepoint and store this value in column data_3.

After that I want top plot data_2 vs. data_3.

But I don't know how to do this, especially the integration over the datapoints.

Thank you for your help, regards

Jose

Netherlands
93 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2002 :  09:40:43 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I do that kind of things using LabTalk like follows. I suppose you have two columns of data, named t and P, and that t is X type and P is Y type. Add another one at the end and name it Data1_Q. Then execute the following in the Script Window:

for (ii=1;ii<=wks.maxrows;ii+=1){
integrate %h_P -b 1 -e ii;
%h_Q[ii]=integ.area;
}

This assumes that your t0 value is in the first row.

Jose Via, Origin WebRing member
Go to Top of Page

PHPDQCD

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2002 :  07:25:02 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you, thats exactly what i have searched for.
Michael
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000