The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 Controlling Label Dimensions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Mulvenna

Germany
46 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2014 :  04:54:17 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.6
Operating System: Windows 7

Hi,

I have a problem with labels. My current script outputs a number of different graphs but I have two labels and a logo that are added to all graphs, in the same positions.

For most of the graphs this presents no problems but for one, I cannot control the label dimensions using labtalk. I am using the following script:

Page.Active$=1;
insertImg2g fname:="%OImports\ihicsi.tif";
BMP.height=200;
BMP.width=1260;
BMP.left=440;
BMP.top=70;

label -n Internal Internal Use Only!;
Internal.height=225;
Internal.width=1600;
Internal.left=1900;
Internal.top=90;
Internal.color= color(red);

date$ = "$(@D, D0)";
label -s -sa -n User %(date$) %(username$);
User.fsize=5;
User.top=6755;
User.left=455;

But for this particular graph page, no matter what numbers I enter, the "Internal" label cannot be controlled! I can't find any difference in page settings from all my other graph pages.

(The layer dimensions themselves also sometimes have a mind of their own)

Anyone know why this might happen?

Thanks

Mulvenna

Germany
46 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2014 :  06:08:38 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK Turns out this is not the problem. The label had a white out background so the label dimensions are now identical to all other graphs.

But there is still some setting that is different that I can't find.

Even though all physical dimensions are identical to all other graphs in Origin, the PDF file that is exported is offset down and to the left by quite a bit (the entire graph).

It's not a huge issue, but all graphs are to be sent to customers and it would be preferable if I could keep a neat, consistent format.

Any ideas as to what could be wrong would be great!

Edited by - Mulvenna on 05/12/2014 06:09:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

lkb0221

China
497 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2014 :  09:37:31 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

The whole graph page is offset down?
You use export to create pdf or print?

Zheng
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Mulvenna

Germany
46 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2014 :  01:45:10 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, everything is offset, the page contains two graph layers plotted using plotstack, a table, two text labels and an image.

The graphs are exported two different ways:

1. Single pages using expGraph

2. As a multipage PDF. I create a worksheet with only one column and insert graphs in each cell, give the cells dimensions to make the graphs as big as possible and use expPDFw.

Regards,
Conor
Go to Top of Page

lkb0221

China
497 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2014 :  09:47:19 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Sorry but I cannot reproduce this by some simple graph.
Would you mind send one of your problematic opj to <tech@originlab.com>?

Zheng
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000