The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to generate >60 datapoints after a fit?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

PHPDQCD

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2002 :  05:09:18 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,
I have to fit a couple of datasets (mainly 5000-12000 datapoints) with a self-defined funktion. After the fit has reached its end, 60 datapoints are generated and plotted into my graph window, (sometimes I have even problems here, because clicking to the NLSF worksheet and watching the data calculated shows many "-" signs, which indicates -in my opinion- some mathematical problems during the calculation of the values) but to see the fitfunction more clearly, I want Origin to plot more than 60 points.

How can I do this?

and

Is the curve fitting only performed with this 60 points as well?

Is there a way to get to knowledge in detail where the mathematical problems during the calculation might be appear, maybe in a way like writing a log file or something like that?

Thank you for your help
Michael

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2002 :  07:04:37 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
1. The number of points that are generated can be changed on the After Fitting tab of the NLSF dialog.
2. All points are fitted unless you specify otherwise.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page

PHPDQCD

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2002 :  02:26:22 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you for your answer, but in the After Fitting dialogue I can only decide if Origin (6.0) should use equally distributed x-values for the plotting, or use the x-values of the dataset. But the number of rows in the new generated worksheet NLSF is 60 with both options.
I assume, that the plot of the fit funktion later is generated basing on these NLSF worksheet.

I am sorry, but I haven'f found a possibility to increase the number of rows/datapoints there.

Thank you in advance

Go to Top of Page

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2002 :  03:19:57 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Select Same X as Fitting data and when you're done look at the worksheet containing the raw data. There should be a new column containing the fit curve.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member

Edited by - Mike Buess on 07/10/2002 03:20:57
Go to Top of Page

PHPDQCD

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2002 :  04:19:03 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ok, that helps, thank you.

Now I can see that my fit function doesn't generate a proper set of data. It seems to be a mathematical problem.

There are only "-" signs in the new column under the 110th row, so I think my function generates to small results for greater X values.

Michael
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000