The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Loading MOCA dll fails with Windows NT
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

marko

Germany
112 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2002 :  07:59:29 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

I coded a MOCA dll object under W2k. Everything works fine by now, but when I try to use this dll under Windows NT I get the following message from Origin as soon as I try to use the defined MOCA object:

Load Library Failed:
Error 182
Das Betriebssystem kann %1 nicht ausfuehren.
(The operating system can't execute %1.)

First, it looks like that the %1 is a placeholder which wasn't properly substituted by the objects name. Secondly I don't understand why it doesn't work, since under W2k it's working without problems.

So I recompiled everything on the WNT computer, but it's exactly the same game...

Any idea?

Marko

eparent

118 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2002 :  10:11:05 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
According to Microsoft documentation error 182 means ERROR_INVALID_ORDINAL "The operating system cannot run %1."

Did you create the MOCA DLL project from scratch or is this based on a MOCA example that came with Origin?

Go to Top of Page

marko

Germany
112 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2002 :  05:04:45 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hi eparent,

it's based on the moca example from origin!
I wasn't aware that this error message comes from Windows. I thought it's Origin-specific. Well, looks like the ordinal 70 which was used by default in the moca example gives WNT headache!??

# content of def file
LIBRARY "TEK7000"
DESCRIPTION 'TEK7000 Windows Dynamic Link Library'

EXPORTS
MocaEntry @70

What do you think?

Marko

Go to Top of Page

marko

Germany
112 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2002 :  09:27:58 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks again, eparent!

You pointed me in the right direction once again! ;)

I made a MAJOR ERROR! I still had old VC++ 5.0 dlls in the Origin directory, though I upgraded to VC++ 6.0 recently.

I forgot to throw them out of the origin install directory. Actually I shouldn't need those files at all there. Now I learned that they should be better copied to directory \winnt\system32, which works fine now.

Marko

Go to Top of Page

eparent

118 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2002 :  11:54:25 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You are welcome. I'm not sure what I did in this case, but I'm glad the problem is resolved.

Also, just so you know, the error message is from Origin. Origin is simply reporting what Windows returns when a DLL fails to load with the LoadLibrary API call.

Go to Top of Page

marko

Germany
112 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2002 :  03:29:54 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi eparent,

I see, so it looks like my assumption seems to be quite right that the "%1" in the error message is indeed a origin placeholder for something!

Anyway, I am happy that it works now. Home-made problem solved, eventually. Luckyly.

Marko

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000