The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 XY Data: Maximum of Y in Range of X
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

pgmaloney

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2014 :  5:13:12 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release: 8.6 SR3
Operating System: Win7

I have spectroscopy data where X-data is wavelength and Y-Data is signal. I would like to normalize the Y-data to itself such that the maximum of the Y-data after calculation now appears as a value of 1.0. I would like to do this as part of a right-click "Set Column Values" calculation.

Finally I would like to specify which rows (X-data) where to find the maximum in Y-data to normalize with, say, 300-1000 nanometers in a data set that is 200-1200 nanometers wide (as an example). Thanks!!

Kathy_Wang

China
159 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2014 :  06:47:01 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I think you could call the rnormalize x-function to do the normalization in the Before Formula Script panel of the Set Column Values dialog.

You can refer to the help of rnormalize x-function for its usage:

http://www.originlab.com/doc/X-Function/ref/rnormalize

Kathy
Originlab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000