The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Importing CSV data
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

zaneslovakia

Slovakia
7 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2014 :  05:08:01 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello to everyone!
I have certain problem when I try to import CSV data into Origin. Data are obtain from Raman spectrometer (Thermo Scientific) and saved as a CSV file, and Origin version I use is OriginPro 8. Those data in Origin have increased values by the several orders of magnitude, and have to be divided by 1000000 to restore their accurate values. I suppose that is caused by wrong interpretation of comma position in those data, but unfortunately I don't know how to overcome it. Any help would be appreciated.

Kathy_Wang

China
159 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2014 :  05:46:29 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I think probably you could overcome this by changing the setting for "Separator for ASCII Import" so that the comma will be interpreted as you expected.

To change it globally, click Tools:Options and go to Numeric Format tab:

To specify it only for one import, you can use the Import Wizard tool and specify the Numeric Separator in the Data Columns page:

Note that in this Data Column page you can also specify a "Column Separator" different with default (default is comma).

Kathy
Originlab
Go to Top of Page

zaneslovakia

Slovakia
7 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2014 :  05:55:12 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Many thanks! You saved me from a lot of repetitive and unnecessary work!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000