The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Problem with Fitting Function
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Heckisack

9 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2014 :  03:12:40 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. 8.6.0G 32bit
Operating System:Windows 7 64bit

Hello i have a problem with building a fitting function for my data. This my first try at this so i'm totally knew to that.

The function looks like this:

n/no=(1-p/pm)^(-ke*pm),

where n0 is a initial viscosity, n is a viscosity, p a filler loading, pm a maximum filler loading, ke is a free parameter.

My Data consist of various viscosities (n) and filler loadings (p). The goal is to calculate a pm for a theoretical maximum filler loading.

So i put this in the function manager and created a new function (User defined, Origin C), but when i try to compile it it gives me the following errors:

:Fehler, ungültiger Typ des Funktionsarguments
:Fehler, Syntaxfehler in Deklaration der Funktion.

which translates to

:Error, invalid type of function argument
:Error, declaration syntax error in function

I honestly have noc clue what i can change. I tried to put the parameters in different categories (Parameter, independent variable)but couldn't get it to work.

Anyone here that can solve my problem?

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2014 :  10:11:42 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

You can choose Tools: Fitting Function Builder which can guide you step by step to define a function.

Name and Type page:
Choose OriginC as function type

Variables and Parameters page
Set Independent variable as p
Set dependent variable as n
Set parameter and constants. Or you can set no, pm, ke all as parameters

Origin C Fitting Function page
We don't support using / on the left of =, so try to define as follows
n=no * (1-p/pm)^(-ke*pm)

There is a running man button to help you test with some changing p values, if some n output shows.

You can enter pm, no as Fixed on the page so when fitting, they will not change.

On our Video Tutorials page, you can find many Curve Fitting videos which may be helpful for you.
http://originlab.com/index.aspx?go=SUPPORT/VideoTutorials

Hope it helps!

Thanks, Snow
OriginLab Corp.

Edited by - snowli on 07/01/2014 10:13:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

Heckisack

9 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2014 :  01:45:45 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you for your answer, the main error was the "/" on the left side of the equation. It worked now, thanks again!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000