The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 Recalculate not working during script
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

davedude82

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2014 :  11:01:19 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9.0 SR1 64-bit
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate

I'm running a simple script where I increase a number and readout the result. Unfortunately, a dependent column won't recalculate until after the script is complete. I have tried run -p au, which gave the error message many times of "Cell(i,j) found i < 0.5". Please help.

The code is:
cell(1,7)=cell(1,7)*2; run -p au;

There is much more code, but this is the beginning and found to be causing the problem.

lkb0221

China
497 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2014 :  11:46:14 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I cannot see any error for this two cmds.
The problem must come from somewhere else, like cell(i,j) in a loop.
Please double check your script to see if i would become 0 during the looping.

Zheng
OriginLab

Edited by - lkb0221 on 07/24/2014 11:47:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

davedude82

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2014 :  11:54:31 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I haven't even started using the loop function yet. As an update, I tried writing in the same code for a new project, and it worked just fine. Unfortunately, when I implement it in the project that I'm working with, it doesn't work at all.

Edited by - davedude82 on 07/24/2014 7:34:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

davedude82

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2014 :  7:34:16 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I really need help with this. I have tried everything that I can think of. I even tried making a new project and using only the most basic of code. Here is the link to my project:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vt6e626mr1b6ds/test.opj

The code that I'm typing is in:

Col(G)[1]=Col(G)[1]*2; run -p au;

This causes an error over and over again that says "Cell(i,j) found i < 0.5"

Please, I'm desperate to get this to work.
Go to Top of Page

lkb0221

China
497 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2014 :  10:41:08 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Please see the SCV of your col(L), for example the first segment:
cell(52,7)*(cell(i-1*cell(1,8),6))

Cell(1,8) is col(H)[1] = 4, thus the formula becomes cell(52,7)*(cell(i-4,6)) when i = 1.
You can see the second part causes error, cell(-3,6)

Zheng
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

davedude82

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2014 :  3:27:58 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This fixed the error. Thank you so much.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000