The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Transparent background for images
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

millot.marius

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2014 :  1:55:07 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9.1 SR3
Operating System:win 7 64

Hi
I d like to import an image having a transparent background (typically something round like a planet !) onto a plot.

Is there a way to do that in Origin ?

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 07/30/2014 :  06:37:14 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Millot,

Currently, Origin doesn't support it. Would you please send us a sample image to help us develop this request?

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team
Go to Top of Page

millot.marius

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2014 :  1:51:47 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Here is the kind of image,
I can remove the background and make it transparent with any image processing software like gimp or photoshop, but also simply with powerpoint on PC
original

background made transparent in powerpoint

and the goal is to superimpose the image on a graph/sketch without a uniform background such as:

of course in origin...

credit picture: NASA
Go to Top of Page

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 07/31/2014 :  04:52:35 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Thanks for the images.

Once this feature is ready, I will let you know.

Originlab Technical Service Team
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000