The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Y offsets
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

EasyE

11 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2014 :  10:15:19 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver 7.5
Service Release SR6
Operating System: Windows 7

I want Y-offset, 2 dimension plot. I have 4 pairs of x,y data sets that I need to show in same plot with a simple Y offset. I have tried waterfall but I can't get access to offset of individual lines, nor which one stays on bottom, second up, etc. Other than the y offset I need to control which data set is where in Y axis. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2014 :  10:48:46 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

We have added Stacked lines by Y-offset in later versions. See the 2nd graph in the 1st row.

http://originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Products/Origin/Graphing/Line/Symbol

And you can set the Offset mode to be Individual to specify the offset of each curve.

Also you can drag in curve to adjust the offset. Here is a video to show how to do it.
http://originlab.com/Index.aspx?go=Support/VideoTutorials&pid=2135

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page

EasyE

11 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2014 :  11:01:30 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear snowli. I have version 7.5 not 9.1. Thanks for pointing out that new version have y-offset options. My question however is, how to do it in version 7.5.

quote:
Originally posted by snowli

Hello,

We have added Stacked lines by Y-offset in later versions. See the 2nd graph in the 1st row.

http://originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Products/Origin/Graphing/Line/Symbol

And you can set the Offset mode to be Individual to specify the offset of each curve.

Also you can drag in curve to adjust the offset. Here is a video to show how to do it.
http://originlab.com/Index.aspx?go=Support/VideoTutorials&pid=2135

Thanks, Snow

Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2014 :  11:22:51 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I didn't find easy way in 7.5 and it's so easy to do in later versions. That's why I recommended later versions.

In 7.5, if you don't want Y values change in worksheet, I suppose you can plot Stacked plot so each Y is in a different layer. Then do layer manipulation to move layers around to show the effect of offset. You can delete X and Y axis so they looks like in same layer. But then you can't really control the offset.

If you are OK with Y values changed in worksheet, you can plot all data as line plots.
Then activate the curve you want to move up. And use Vertical Translate. But that will change the Y value in the worksheet.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page

EasyE

11 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2014 :  11:27:30 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear snowli. We are getting somewhere with your help. I can duplicate the data sheet so I am okay with changing Y values. Where is the Vertical Translation tool? Thanks.

quote:

I didn't find easy way in 7.5 and it's so easy to do in later versions. That's why I recommended later versions.

In 7.5, if you don't want Y values change in worksheet, I suppose you can plot Stacked plot so each Y is in a different layer. Then do layer manipulation to move layers around to show the effect of offset. You can delete X and Y axis so they looks like in same layer. But then you can't really control the offset.

If you are OK with Y values changed in worksheet, you can plot all data as line plots.
Then activate the curve you want to move up. And use Vertical Translate. But that will change the Y value in the worksheet.

Thanks, Snow

Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2014 :  11:33:44 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

With Graph window active, choose Analysis: Translate: Vertical.
And even the Translate tool is improved in later versions:)

Also don't forget to do Rescale to Show all after translation.

Thanks, Snow

Edited by - snowli on 08/07/2014 11:35:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

EasyE

11 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2014 :  11:46:18 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey snowli. If upgrades where cheap I would do it but I seem to be stuck for life with Origin 7.5.

Your solution worked great and was easy to implement. Thanks you for your help.

Cheers,

EasyE

quote:

Hello,

With Graph window active, choose Analysis: Translate: Vertical.
And even the Translate tool is improved in later versions:)

Also don't forget to do Rescale to Show all after translation.

Thanks, Snow

Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2014 :  12:48:31 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi EasyE,

We don't want you to feel you have to be stuck for life with 7.5.

Please send an email to tech@originlab.com so we can discuss the upgrade options and discounts for you separately.

Sincerely,
Snow

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000