The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 histogram with different colours
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

lomanx

Austria
3 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2014 :  11:25:37 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin Pro 9.0.0 (64-Bit) SR2
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional

Hello all,

I have a question concerning how to draw a histogram of a special kind in Origin 9.0.0. I have data from three different sensors, let's call them sensor one to three.

Sensor 1 Sensor 2 Sensor 3
2.33316E7 2.60871E7 2.20139E7
2.22446E7 2.37398E7 2.53462E7
2.39149E7 2.63268E7 2.45455E7

I now want to make a histogram highlighting each one of the sensors with different colours. The highlighting works by just marking all of the data and clicking on Plot/Statistics/Histogram. But my problem now is:

The graph is not showing all of the values one on top of the other, but is overlaying the bars. So I'm losing information because I can not see all of the bars. I hope I managed to explain well my problem. I want to see all of the bars and having one on top of the other, so I can see all measurement values on the histogram.

Maybe somebody can help, I'd be very grateful! If you don't understand my problem, please ask. Thank you!

Lorenzo, HEPHY Vienna

Edited by - lomanx on 08/13/2014 11:27:38 AM

lkb0221

China
497 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2014 :  2:08:36 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Please do the following:

1). Highlight all three columns, select Statistics: Descriptive Statistics: Frequency Counts.
2). Set the bin size as you want, uncheck everything except Bin Center and Count in Quantities to Compute branch.
3). A new wks will be created. Highlight all columns in it and plot a column graph.
4). In Plot Details dialog, Layer level, Stack tab, change Offset to be Cumulative.
5). Re-scale the graph.

Zheng
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

lomanx

Austria
3 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2014 :  10:14:41 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey Zheng!

Thanks a lot for your fast reply! Your tip works!

Lorenzo, HEPHY Vienna
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000