The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 color fill plot without interpolation possible?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

sia

Germany
6 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2014 :  10:04:41 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,

is there a possibility to make a color fill (3D) plot without interpolating? I would like to see only the real values of my data in the plot, but cannot find out how.

Many thanks!

lkb0221

China
497 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2014 :  2:45:10 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

How about plot your data as 3D bar instead of surface?
With bar width be 100%.

Zheng
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

sia

Germany
6 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2014 :  3:01:52 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lkb0221

Hi,

With bar width be 100%.

Zheng
OriginLab

thank you very much for the fast answering, Zheng. That could indeed be an option, if it is possible to set maximum and minimum values which I want to display. I will try it out tomorrow, since I have no Origin at home.

However, I think color map would be better for my purpose. So, if any one is knowing a way, I would be very thankful.
Go to Top of Page

sia

Germany
6 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2014 :  07:11:56 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lkb0221

With bar width be 100%.

Zheng
OriginLab

Unfortunately, it doesn't work well for my purpose.
Go to Top of Page

lkb0221

China
497 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2014 :  10:47:07 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Then how about set: Plot Detials dialog, Fill tab, Front Surface to be Fill piece by piece?
Sorry I missed this before.

Zheng
OriginLab

Edited by - lkb0221 on 08/28/2014 12:28:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2014 :  11:00:09 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If you plot directly from XYZ or use Direct to Matrix conversion there is no interpolation. If you convert worksheet data to a matrix using any of the non-regular methods there will always be interpolation.
Fill piece by piece or colormap only affects the surface coloration.
Go to Top of Page

sia

Germany
6 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2014 :  11:05:47 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
thank you dear Zheng,

for now, I am working with scatter bar. It works, but I would prefer color fill.

Now I tried to find the set mentioned by you, but didn't find those options. I tried it from my "color fill" and "3D bar"; then plot details and fill. I don't see the rest (Front Surface to be Fill piece by piece)
Go to Top of Page

sia

Germany
6 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2014 :  11:20:51 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by greg

If you plot directly from XYZ or use Direct to Matrix conversion there is no interpolation. If you convert worksheet data to a matrix using any of the non-regular methods there will always be interpolation.
Fill piece by piece or colormap only affects the surface coloration.

thank you dear Greg,

How can I fill piece by piece? I don't see that option. I use OriginLab 9.1 .

Well, I am talking about surface coloration: that seems to me to be interpolated.

I plot "color fill" directly from XYZ. Then I set levels from 0 to hundred. I am sure there is an interpolation in the coloration: I see even values equal to -1 (these are values which are not interesting for us). Color fill displays some wrong values in the neighboring fields close to zero. My smallest values however is 27! And I see much more points than my data would allow.

I would like to see the values of my data only. I do it now with scatter bar, which works. I think Origin Colormap is more elegant.

Go to Top of Page

sia

Germany
6 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2014 :  11:27:47 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If I go to Plot Datails --> Click on Fill --> new window opens:
"color generation with interpolation". It's not an option that I could change.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000