The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 QQ plots for many columns at a time
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

cibic

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2014 :  07:22:52 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9.1 b215
Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro x64

Hi, I am getting frustrated with automating the task of constructing QQ plots as I have to do it on 63 columns for 6 sheets. I have tried the following:
(The obvious), in input range select all the columns of interest (added as individual columns separated by commas) -> no support, dialogue window insists of using one column.
Batch plotting on new column -> option disabled! (copy among sheets works)
Batch processing -> followed video tutorials, instructions, could never get this to work.
Looked deep in the plot_prob.xfc function but cannot find how to enable multi-column entry (not an expert in labtalk or origin C).

From my understanding there needs to be calculations of plotting then create the graph - why is this so hard to automate on multiple columns?

I do not want to get other software such as XLSTAT to do this, Origin does it fine just stupidly enough one column at time!

Edited by - cibic on 09/09/2014 07:25:37 AM

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2014 :  2:12:53 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You will have to do the QQPlot once for each sheet, but it's pretty simple to replicate from there.

Here's what to do:
Select the first column of data and choose Plot : Statistics : Q-Q Plot.
( A results sheet and a graph are created. )
Got to the results sheet and click the green lock in the upper left.
Choose Repeat this for all Y columns.
( The analysis is repeated for the remaining Y columns, but graphs are not. )
Go to the Graph window of the first Q-Q Plot.
Right click on the edge of the graph and choose "Duplicate (Batch Plotting) : Duplicate with New Sheets/Books".
Select your additional columns. (The original column is excluded from the list.)
Click OK.
Go to Top of Page

cibic

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2014 :  4:08:31 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, thank you for your reply!
Go to Top of Page

cibic

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2014 :  08:45:20 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi greg,

This has worked for the recalculation but the batch plotting copies the first graph only for the same number of columns present in master worksheet (?). After a quick check I have verified the recalculations do occur on each column (with different names and values within). Any ideas on how to batch plot using the different sheets produced from auto-recalculation on all columns?

Thanking you in advance!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000