The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Don't scroll headers in worksheet
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Duff

Argentina
42 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2014 :  11:02:08 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9.1 sr2 64bits
Operating System: windows 7 64
Hi,
I've a worksheet with a lot (>100) user parameters.
The problem is I can't see the rows in the bottom because the headers rows are too many.
The only way was hide the some headers row or change the zoom.
There's a way to scroll the headers rows and the "rows" separately?
Thanks!

SeanMao

China
288 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2014 :  01:39:51 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I am afraid that there is no workaround to realize the double-scrolls as you have described. We have a window split feature if you go to "Window:Split", but it can only scroll the data row part.

Do you really need to use more than 100 user parameter label rows? If I can get to know what you are trying to accomplish, maybe I can better assist you.

Regards!

Sean

OriginLab Tech. Service
Go to Top of Page

Duff

Argentina
42 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2014 :  5:14:23 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I need a lot of user parameters because I generate a worksheet, for export as TXT, with many columns of data (>100) and each column has a linked name "verticaly" in one column as "user parameter".
eg.
quote:

name 1
name 2
name n (linked and other parameter without a link on other rows and columns) (minimun n user parameters)

Data 1 Data 2 Data n (n columns)

I don't know an other way to do it...
thanks

Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2014 :  5:39:14 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am thinking, one way could be
import all data, including your user parameters into Data area of the worksheet.

Then use Origin's Mask tool to mask those User parameter rows.

Then use Origin's horizontal dividers at the bottom right corner of worksheet(same as how Excel works) to divide worksheet into panels.
http://www.originlab.com/www/helponline/Origin/en/UserGuide/Splitting_Worksheet_into_Panels_using_Dividers.html

Now you can scroll down and since the parameter rows are masked, they will not be included in plotting and analysis.

Thanks, Snow
OriginLab Corp.
Go to Top of Page

Duff

Argentina
42 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2014 :  6:28:54 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for your reply.
The problem will be when I make math/statistics between columns I must to filter the first rows.
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2014 :  11:32:34 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Could you check if Mask those 1st rows work?

Usually masked data will not be included in calculation and statistics.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page

Duff

Argentina
42 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2014 :  4:12:35 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, works fine for me.
Thanks a lot!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000