The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 imort huge quantity of ASCII data
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

MauroP

Norway
5 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2014 :  1:44:22 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver.9.1 and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:Windows 7

Dear all,

I just start using Origin, I have this issue.
I have a huge set of data, they are ASCII file they have 18 line of comments, than there are the two column X and Y.
X is egual for all the file, Y changes in each files. I would import all the file in one sheet where I have only one X and each Y column with its label.
How can I do?
I used wizard import but I obtained a lot of sheets, in each of them there are the two column X and Y, each sheet is labeled with the serial number of the file.

Thank you for you help!

jasonzhao

China
262 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2014 :  11:31:44 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

This is my suggestion.
Use Import Multiple ASCII, and set the options as shown in graph, the mode should be Start new column so all data will be in one sheet. Besides, Partial import should be used, so we can import from second column which should be Y. finally, you can add one X column in the graph.

Best regards,
Jason Zhao
OriginLab Tech Service

Edited by - jasonzhao on 11/09/2014 11:47:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

MauroP

Norway
5 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2014 :  05:38:14 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear jasonzhao,

thank you for your replay.
It is not clear how to remove the lines of comment before the two data columns. In the comment there is one line where there are two number, the pixel size of the detector. When I follow your procedure in origin is created only one sheet with as columns as the selected files. Each column contain only one number: the pixel size.

I am trying to use also the other options.

Could you give any suggestion?

Regards

MauroP

Go to Top of Page

jasonzhao

China
262 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2014 :  9:30:03 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

If your file is consist of rows and columns, you can decide which row to start, therefore, you have 18 line of comments, please try to use Partial Import From Row 19(shown in graph above). A figure will be helpful for us to understand you data structure.

Best regards,
Jason Zhao
OriginLab Tech Service
Go to Top of Page

MauroP

Norway
5 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2014 :  04:22:13 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear jasonzhao,

this is a picture of my file.

I also tryed the partial import "from row 19" this is the result I obtained: the sheet is labeled with the name of the last file selected without any value in the column.

This is the sheet I obtained yesterday when i did not write anything in the "from row" option

Regards

MauroP
Go to Top of Page

jasonzhao

China
262 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2014 :  04:42:59 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

You may need to save your chi file as txt by some software, such as notepad. Then, try to use Origin to import.

Best regards,
Jason Zhao
OriginLab Tech Service

Edited by - jasonzhao on 11/11/2014 05:08:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

MauroP

Norway
5 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2014 :  05:12:51 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I convert some file in txt. It doesn't work as well.

Regards

MauroP
Go to Top of Page

jasonzhao

China
262 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2014 :  03:38:41 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

The format of this file may not be ASCII, so it can not be read into Origin by Import ASCII successfully, you can send a sample file to
Jason <tech@originlab.com> for us to try.

Best regards,
Jason Zhao
OriginLab Tech Service

Go to Top of Page

MauroP

Norway
5 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2014 :  04:30:36 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I sent the e-mail.

regards

Mauro
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000