The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Export window to 'GIF' format
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

norman@phy

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2002 :  12:32:49 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I have four copies of Origin 6.1 R4 installed on 4 separate computers in my lab. However, only 1 computer allows me to export graphic windows in 'gif' format. Is there a way to get the other 3 computers to do the same? All the computers have Windows 95 installed.

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2002 :  4:17:32 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I've noticed that difference in Origin 7.0 as well. I can export as GIF from my OriginPro at home but not from standard Origin at work. I just assumed that GIF export was only available in OriginPro, but perhaps that's wrong. Does the lab computer that allows GIF export have OriginPro and the rest Origin?

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page

Joe Przechocki

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2002 :  4:57:20 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The GIF export feature is only available in OriginPro 7.

Origin 7 owners can purchase an inexpensive upgrade to OriginPro 7.

OriginPro also offers 2 other noteworthy features over Origin, namely, COM support in Origin C, and the Peak Fitting Module (PFM).
Go to Top of Page

norman@phy

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  09:18:24 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK. I am now sitting in front of the computer which has a copy of Origin 6.1 installed in it. This computer allows windows to be exported in 'gif' format. I've looked at the 'About Origin' section and there is nothing to indicate it is Origin 6.1 Pro. I still don't understand why this computer from the others.
Go to Top of Page

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  12:45:35 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think there was an add-on module for exporting to GIF, but I can't find it anymore. But maybe it was downloaded earlier for the one machine. One possible solution for the other 3 is Craig Storey's HTML Genie. It creates HTML pages from Origin worksheets and graphs and makes JPG or GIF images in the process. You can find it on his web page here and on OriginLab's Add-On Modules page.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000