The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 Changing parameters for auto recalc rowstats
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

sarastokes

11 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2014 :  12:29:14 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: win7

I was wondering if there is an way to write code for changing the parameters of existing rowstats output columns.

I currently have a book for each test group containing the source data (with 5 sheets for different test conditions). Then I have another book where each test condition worksheet contains the rowstats output for each group.

My original rowstats function selected data using
irng:=col(B)[1]:col(end)[4002]

I was hoping that the auto recalculate setting would adjust the average as I add new columns of data but it appears I need to change the parameters each time I add more columns. Manually editing the parameters of all my averages each time I have new data would be tough so I am looking for a way to code it.

Thank you for your time

lkb0221

China
497 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2015 :  10:17:29 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Is that possible to transform your data structure so that when new data coming in, it would be new rows, instead of new column?

Zheng
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

sarastokes

11 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2015 :  11:45:43 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Potentially but it would be much easier to continue using columns as I like putting information in the units and comments row and occasionally use sparklines.
Go to Top of Page

lkb0221

China
497 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2015 :  12:18:15 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I think you can try using Worksheet:Worksheet Script, with Run Script: Upon Changes in Range(s) be 1:end.

Zheng
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

sarastokes

11 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2015 :  11:20:12 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you. That works if I delete the existing average columns first.
Go to Top of Page

FannieBrown

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2015 :  12:12:33 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It is possible.

Fannie
Go to Top of Page

jenniferdavid

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2015 :  02:09:21 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you (lkb0221) for sharing the valuable information.

[url=http://www.mccal.com/loans.php]Merchant Cash Advance[/url]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000