The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 Forum for Origin C
 Naming in GraphPage() and GraphLayer() constructor
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

hofmaale

20 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2015 :  10:20:26 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

after adding some additional information to the names of graphs created by one of my import-scripts, the program failed with an onknown runtime error when executing
GraphLayer gl(graphName, 0);

The program works, however, when using

GraphPage gp(graphName);
GraphLayer gl = gp.Layers(0);

graphName does neither contain invalid characters, nor exceed 31 chars (in fact it's allways exactly 21 characters).

It does not pose any problem at the moment, but I was just wondering if this is a bug or I'm just misinterpreting the docs...

Greetings
Alex

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 2015
Operating System: Win 7 x64

Echo_Chu

China
Posted - 03/30/2015 :  05:40:01 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Thank you for reporting the problem.

gl(graphName, 0) only works for graph name less than 13 characters.

We add this problem in our bug-tracking database, ORG-12894, and will improve it.

Before we get it fixed, please use the second way you mentioned in the post. (b.t.w, the limitation of graph short name is 24 character instead of 31)

Echo
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000