The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 LinearFit Value BatchImport
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

BryanK

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2015 :  11:42:21 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. 9.0, Windows

Hello,

I am creating a batch import (Save Window As...) and need the Slope of my graph (LinearFit1) placed in a column of my Results tab.

Since it is not a range variable, how do I add it in the Column Values window?

For each of my 70 data files, I would like the batch procedure to graph and extract the slope to the results table. If possible, I would also like to embed each graph into the Results book.

Many thanks,
Bryan

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2015 :  12:24:14 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,
Please look at this FAQ about how to use analysis result in Set Column Values.
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Quick-Help/use-link-cell-SCV-dlg

When saving a workbook with analysis as template, we recommend using File: Save Workbook as Analysis Template.

You can have insert graphs in RESULTS book as well. Either as floating graph or embedded in a cell. If they are inserted in a cell, they may look tiny. But you can merge multiple cells and merge them to make the graph bigger.

Those graphs in hierachical result sheet are called Embedded graphs. They can be inserted as well. You can right click a cell in your report sheet.

You can follow this tutorial step by step to see how to create a template.
http://originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/Create-Custom-Report
You can also follow batch processing tutorials here
http://originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/Batch-Processing

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page

BryanK

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2015 :  06:28:54 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Snow! That was good reading for me. The first part solved very well the issue of trying to add the calculated slope to my summary table.

I can embed graphs which I have been doing for some time in templates but I always run into the same problem: the summary table.
Whenever the template uses Batch Processing, that cell shows: embedding:Graph1 . Do you have a link to the proper code so I can have these graphs inserted as opposed to this pseudo-error message?

Thanks again,
Bryan
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2015 :  09:26:26 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Bryan,

Could you send your analysis template to tech@originlab.com so we could take a look?

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000