The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 Scientific notation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

kdsaransh

India
89 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2015 :  06:50:27 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,

How can i change a particular cell value from decimal to scientific notation.

I am using origin 9.1

Thanks

lkb0221

China
497 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2015 :  10:22:04 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Right click and select "Format Cell"
http://www.originlab.com/doc/X-Function/ref/wcellformat

Zheng
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

kdsaransh

India
89 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2015 :  06:42:43 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, But i want to the same using script.

Can it be done ?
Go to Top of Page

kdsaransh

India
89 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2015 :  09:27:54 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Can i change a cell format to scientific or some other form using labtalk.

thanks,
Regards,
Rajesh Agarwal
Go to Top of Page

Echo_Chu

China
Posted - 04/29/2015 :  04:48:21 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I am afraid that there is no way to change the format of a particular cell with Labtalk.

In Labtalk we can only change the format of the whole column.

Echo
Go to Top of Page

kdsaransh

India
89 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2015 :  08:44:50 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Thanks,

Changing the format for the whole column will also work. So how can i do that using script...

regards,

Edited by - kdsaransh on 05/01/2015 11:56:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

cdrozdowski111

USA
247 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2015 :  3:56:38 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Take a look at the wks.col.subformat property listed on this page:http://www.originlab.com/doc/LabTalk/ref/Wks-Col-obj

For scientific notation, you'd set the subformat = 2
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000