The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 Forum for Origin C
 define individual scaling factor for each dataplot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

stellarator

Germany
5 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2015 :  11:58:49 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Is there an easy way to define an individual scaling factor for a dataplot? And how do I have to implement this by using OriginC and/or Labtalk?

For example use a factor "0.333" for one curve and a "0.667" for another curve in the same graph layer?

similar like to define the offset described here: http://www.originlab.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18079

Of course, I can define a new column on a worksheet, do the scaling there and draw the scaled values, but that would mean some additional amount of data and some additional work for the user (I would like to convince somebody to use Origin instead of another plot program, where it is very simple to define individual scaling factors for each curve ;-) ).

Origin Ver. 9.1 and Service Release Sr3 (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: Windows 7

SeanMao

China
288 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2015 :  03:42:50 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

If you simply need to scale each data plot by a constant factor, you can use our Simple Math tool from menu Analysis: Mathematics: Simple Curve Math. Or just the run the X functions individually to realize the goal:

mathtool iy1:=[Book1]Sheet1!col(2) operator:=mul operand:=const const:=0.333; // Apply a 0.333 scaling factor to plot in column 2
mathtool iy1:=[Book1]Sheet1!col(3) operator:=mul operand:=const const:=0.667; // Apply a 0.667 scaling factor to plot in column 3

Regards!

Sean

OriginLab Tech. Service
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000