The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Worksheet data extract
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

bo_liubo

China
13 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2015 :  02:46:40 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.6
Operating System: win7
Hello,
As shown below, I want to extract the peak and valley values from a column in the worksheet (I have tried worksheet script but failed to finish it), how can I do that? could you please give me any suggestions?
thanks a lot

SeanMao

China
288 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2015 :  02:44:50 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

The simplest way is to use a Quick Peaks Gadget, first make a plot of the curve you want to fit and then go to menu Gadgets: Quick Peaks to open dialog.

Options need to set:

1. In Baseline tab, select "Min&Max" as Mode to find positive peaks using min Y and negative peaks using max Y.
2. In Find Peak tab, select (X,Y) of Peaks as "Label" drop-down list under "Peak Display:Peak Label" node.
3. Click "OK" to apply the settings.

Then, you will see the results as shown below:

If you want to further control the fitting process, you can use Peak Analyzer feature in Origin from this tutorial:

http://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/Peak-Analysis

Regards!

Sean

OriginLab Tech. Service
Go to Top of Page

bo_liubo

China
13 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2015 :  07:18:00 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, I have solved this problem via the same method as yours, and thank you very much!
quote:
Originally posted by SeanMao

Hi,

The simplest way is to use a Quick Peaks Gadget, first make a plot of the curve you want to fit and then go to menu Gadgets: Quick Peaks to open dialog.

Options need to set:

1. In Baseline tab, select "Min&Max" as Mode to find positive peaks using min Y and negative peaks using max Y.
2. In Find Peak tab, select (X,Y) of Peaks as "Label" drop-down list under "Peak Display:Peak Label" node.
3. Click "OK" to apply the settings.

Then, you will see the results as shown below:

If you want to further control the fitting process, you can use Peak Analyzer feature in Origin from this tutorial:

http://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/Peak-Analysis

Regards!

Sean

OriginLab Tech. Service

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000