The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 Forum for Origin C
 Separe data
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Fulerena

Spain
7 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2015 :  04:16:59 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9.1 and 8.5
Operating System:Windows 7

Hi!!!
My data table has two columns. To separate the cycles the program gives a serie of numbers and a text. In example:

X / Y

Cycle 1 / --
1 / 2
3 / 4
5 / 6
Cycle 2 / --
7 / 8
9 / 10

I need to transform it into a separate columns (sometimes 50 cycles), like:

X1 / Y1 / X2 / Y2
Cycle 1 / -- / Cycle 2 / --
1 / 2 / 7 / 8
3 / 4 / 9 / 10
5 / 6

I tried different programs but it didnt work:

wxt test:="col(A)[i]>=0 AND col(A)[i]<=24,75" iw:= [Book1]Sheet1 ow:=[C01]Sheet1;

If someone could help I'd appreciate it.Thank you

Edited by - Fulerena on 05/11/2015 04:18:47 AM

SeanMao

China
288 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2015 :  05:53:12 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

There is an X function colsplit implemented in Origin 2015 can be used to realize your goal but not available in Origin 9.1.

This post would be helpful:

http://www.originlab.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19106

Regards!

Sean

OriginLab Tech. Service
Go to Top of Page

Fulerena

Spain
7 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2015 :  08:46:39 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks, but it is not a solution. I don´t have a constant range. I need to cut and create a new column when the word appears and not in a constant N value.
I don´t know how I can unstack it.
Go to Top of Page

SeanMao

China
288 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2015 :  04:06:18 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You can use Import Wizard in Origin to import your data into Origin worksheet which can put numeric data into new columns or new sheets once it encountered any non-numeric data in numeric field.

Below is an example about the dialog and results:

To learn about Non-Numeric Data in a Numeric Field Controls in Import Wizard, please refer the page in link below:

http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/ImpWiz-ASC-Bin-DataSelPage

Regards!

Sean
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000